Soweto Tours - Full Day Tour
About this tour
The history of Soweto is closely tied to South Africa’s journey to freedom.
Join us as we explore Soccer City, Kliptown (one of Soweto’s oldest districts), the Hector Pieterson Museum, Vilikazi Street (where both Mandela and Tutu once lived), finishing off with a traditional kota lunch and a visit to the Apartheid Museum (full-day tours).
Minimum Age: 18 years
Inclusions and Exclusions
Detailed Full Day Soweto Tour Itinerary
- The Soweto Tour starts at 10am at Curiocity Backpackers – 302 Fox Street – Johannesburg Gauteng
- Our first stop is Kliptown, the oldest residential district of Soweto and the place where the 1995 Freedom Charter was signed
- Next we move on to the Hector Peterson memorial museum to learn about the Soweto Uprising of 1976
- From the Hector Peterson memorial the Soweto Tour moves to the iconic Soccer City, the venue of 2010 World Cup Final
- We then head to the trendy and up coming Vilakazi Street where both Nelson Mandela and Arch Bishop Desmond Tutu once lived
- After a busy few hours the Soweto Tour attendees will be oh so ready for a traditional and filling Kota lunch (included in the price of the tour)
- Our last stop on the tour is the Apartheid Museum where each person is given two hours to learn about South Africa’s infamous history (entrance to the museum included in the tour price)